Sunday, August 24, 2008

Trip to Sonoma

I went on the annual marketing offsite event for work. The marketing folks treked up to Sonoma for such a great day! Now you're thinking, oooh a day of wine tasting....how team building can that be? (it certainly can, but that's not all we did).

We first went to a ropes course! Yep, that's right! Yours truly is absolutely afraid of heights. Terrified! We get the details, and i'm apparently supposed to channel my inner George of the Jungle...climbing trees, zip lines. OMG! YIKES! WTF! I spent the week prior freaking out, trying to come up with excuses to get myself out of this trip. Seriously was NOT too keen on this. 

Well, it certainly was a team building event. My awesome coworkers really helped me conquer my fears. I really surprised myself that I did what I did. I shed some tears, freaked out a bit, but in the end.....I did what I didn't think I could do.

A nice ending to the trip was that we did do some olive oil tasting, wine tasting and enjoyed a YUMMY dinner. Oh, and the limo ride home was icing on the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment