Sunday, September 14, 2008

Beantown trip

I just spent a couple of days in Boston for my team's quarterly meeting. I didn't see as much of the city as I would've liked, but I definitely want to go back for a longer and more pleasurable visit! We had dinner at a 225 year old restaurant that served wonderful clam chowder! It was great!

One night while the crew hit up a cigar bar, I went and met up with my friend Robyn as she was in town at the same time for work! We had drinks at some  bar and it felt straight out of Sex & The City! Nothing like a couple of cosmos shared between a couple of close girlfriends in a big city, not of our own!

The trip back was absolutely horrible. I had a layover in Phoenix. My flight left late...then there was a sandstorm...and I had to run through the airport....just to watch my connecting flight to San Jose leave without me...and with 40 empty seats!

After standing in the customer service line, Useless Airwarys put me up in a Quality Inn in Tempe, AZ. I got harassed by a maniacal lady foaming at the mouth, missed the shuttle due to crazy crowds and FINALLY ended up at this "Quality" Inn. First off, the maniacal lady tried to stay in my room as the airline didn't comp her room (or was it because she harrassed the folks in the customer service line so much that security had to usher her out). THEN, as I walked to my room, I recalled seeing this place before...in any episode of Law & Order where they find the bad guys in some crack deal. There were cops dealing with complaints, rabit cats, and of course, the rampant maniacal woman roaming the hallways. The room was 100+ degrees when I arrived which explained the nasty mold growing everywhere. Luckily, I woke up at 4am to catch the first flight out. I was SO happy to NOT see that crazy lady on the shuttle ride back. I did not need to hear her freak out and scream and smell foul any longer! Luckily, Mike greeted me at the hotel and life started to feel normal again back in San Jose. Ahhh

No comments:

Post a Comment